We should keep a special spot in our closet for old clothes and accessories because they will be stylish again at some point in our lives. So, in case you are wondering what to do with it, remember that what goes around comes around. Fashion comes back too. And of course there are too many ways to refashion your old pieces of clothes. Read below how to do get yourself a new Easy Off-the-Shoulders dress.
We will be showing you how to do an Easy Off-the-Shoulders dress dress out of a man’s shirt. You might need some sewing skill for this one, but trust me the outcome is worth it. You’d love it!
So today we’re here to show you the easiest way to create a brand new Easy Off-the-Shoulders dress dress from a men’s shirt! Scroll down to find out how.
Materials and Tools: men’s shirt, matching thread, 40 inches elastic, ruler, tailor’s chalk, pins, fabric scissors, safety pin, sewing machine.
1. Draw a line across the front of the shirt from the left shoulder to the right one.
2. Pin the front of the shirt to the back and cut along the line.
3. Remove the pins, turn the shirt inside out and fold over the top edge enough to fit the elastic through the loop.
4. Sew to create a loop for your elastic.
5. Measure how long your elastic needs to be around your chest and arms (keeping in mind you want it to stretch), then thread it through the loop until it appears at the other end.
6. Join the starting and ending points of the elastic and sew.
7. Turn the shirt right side out, button it up and fold the sleeves.
Before you start, be sure to pick up the right shirt: It needs to be a soft fabric, not too baggy and above all, long enough to cover up your booty Take your shirt and draw a line across the front, pin the front to the back and cut along the line. Next, take the pins out, turn the shirt inside out and fold over the top edge to create a loop. Then sew using your sewing machine and a medium stitch.
Measure how long your elastic needs to be, then take something like a safety pin or a bobby pin and attach it to the elastic. Thread it through the loop until the elastic appears at the other end. Then join the starting and ending points of the elastic and sew using a zig zag stitch. Lastly, turn the shirt right side out, button it up and fold the sleeves. Here you go. You have a brand new Off-the-Shoulders dress perfect for the summer.
Credits for this article go to Brit.co
Thank you for visiting and reading. I hope you enjoyed.